Write a review
- 1 1/2 to 2 lbs of stew meat (the tougher the better)
- 1/4 cup flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 3 tablespoons oil (I use the olive variety)
- 2 cubes of beef bouillon
- 3 Onions (I peel and quarter two and dice the third)
- 3 Stalks celery, cut into pieces
- 3 cloves of garlic, peeled and minced
- 3 cups of beef broth
- 2 cups of fresh mushrooms
- 4 Potatoes, peeled and quartered
- 4 Carrots, cut into pieces
- 1 1/2 cups of frozen peas
- 2 tablespoons of cornstarch
- 1/4 cup of water
- (Bottles of Ale to drink while cooking)
- 1) In a large bowl or plastic bag coat beef with the 1/4 cup flour mixed
- in with the salt and pepper - (Shake it like you are dancing the irish jig)
- 2) In Dutch oven OR large skillet, brown the meat in the hot oil.
- (remove meat from pan & set aside to cool)
- 3) Nuke the 3 cups of beef broth to dissolve the bouillon cubes and set aside.
- 4) Drop the celery, carrots, potatoes, garlic into the Crockpot
- 5) Place the mushrooms and peas on top and if you like... Stir it if you desire.
- 6) Pure in the broth mixture.
- 7) Set your crock pot to LOW and cook to 4-5 hours.
- (the beef starts to break up and fall apart if you cook it to long -
- We do not want that - My grandma would put a gaelic curse on you if this happens)
- DO NOT open the lid to the crockpot until cooking is complete or risk the uprising of the evil leprechauns
- 8) When cooking time ends, mix the cornstarch and water together - make a paste and stir it
- into the stew to thicken it up.
- 9) Serve and enjoy (I have hot rolls or buttered bread on the side to dip into the lovely gravy)
Billy Mac Design http://billymacdesign.com/